We’ve all heard the classic tips from fitness gurus that you should work out: “Go to the gym!” or “Eat clean!” But how does this advice translate into a real-life plan for getting in shape?
As someone who wants to take his/her fitness game to the next level and lose weight, I’m often stumped by what constitutes a good fitness program. If you’re in the market for a new program, here’s what you should be looking out for when searching for the best one.
Factors to Consider in Choosing a Fitness Programme
Here are some of the most important things to look for when choosing a fitness programme or weight loss programme:
1. Does it fit your lifestyle?
This is key! If you’re going to invest time and money into this programme, it needs to fit with how you live your life. For example, if you’re someone who works long hours and has little time at home, then you’ll want a programme that lets you work out at home rather than having to go to a gym every day.
No matter where you live or how busy your schedule is, the programme should fit into your day-to-day life without being too difficult or inconvenient to access.
2. A program with a good reputation
A fitness programme with a good reputation is important. There are several ways to check the reputation of a programme or trainer:
- Check online reviews. You can find a lot of useful information about programmes, trainers, and gyms by looking at their online reviews. If people have given their experiences online, there’s no better place to look!
- Ask your friends or family members if they know anyone who has tried out this programme before you join it yourself. They could tell you if they were satisfied with their experience, how much weight they lost using the programme etc., which will help in making an informed decision before signing up for anything yourself.
- Search Google for any negative news articles that mention this programme by name (or its founder), as well as positive ones that also mention it favorably (if possible). This will give you some idea about what kind of reputation it already has among potential customers who might be interested in joining too – and may even prevent them from signing up themselves because they don’t want anything bad happening either!
3. Location of the program
When looking for a programme, you should consider the location of the fitness centre or gym. If you want to train in your local area, then it’s important to find out if there are any centres near where you live. You can do this by searching for a fitness program near me or a weight loss program near me.
If your programme is available online, then check whether it has a good reputation and is credible. You can also look at feedback from people who have used this type of programme before – this will help give you an idea as to how useful it might be for you.
You may prefer training outdoors instead of indoors, so make sure that this is an option with any fitness programme that interests you. You could try running in the park or going swimming in a lake near where you live – these activities can help improve your health while making sure that they’re fun at the same time!
4. Fully customized plan designed for you
The key to getting the most out of your fitness programme is a fully customized plan designed for you. If a fitness programme or weight loss programme doesn’t take into account your goals and lifestyle, it’s not going to be effective. A personal trainer will take into account your goals as well as any other factors that may affect how effective the programme will be for you, such as:
- Your current level of fitness – Is this just starting? Are you looking to lose some weight before getting started on exercise? Or do you already have some experience with exercise and want help improving on what you already know? Your trainer will tailor their advice based on these factors so that they can provide exercises that are appropriate for where they are in their journey towards achieving their goal.
- What type of exercise works best for them – Whether it’s running, cycling or walking; swimming laps; lifting weights at home or in the gym; playing sports; playing games like tennis or badminton – there are many different ways people can get physically active each day! The right exercise type will depend on someone’s interests and abilities (for example someone who enjoys running may want something more challenging than those who prefer walking). It also varies depending on whether they are trying to build muscle mass rather than lose fat (which requires fewer reps per set). A personal trainer knows which types work best for certain individuals because they’ve had plenty of experience working with clients from all walks of life!
5. Available medical professionals
As part of having a holistic fitness and weight loss programme, a program with available medical professionals with who you can have a consultation before and during your fitness plan to understand your body metabolism before advising on the best program for you is a plus.
When selecting a fitness programme, it is important to look for one that has medical professionals available. This means that medical professionals are available to you on demand. It also means that medical professionals are available by phone. The same goes for email, text, and video chat.
6. Available personal trainer
You have to be committed and willing to put in the work. The best way to make sure that happens is by having a personal trainer, who will help you stay motivated and on track with your goals, as well as avoid injuries that might derail your progress.
Whether it’s weight loss or strength training, a good personal trainer can also help you achieve results faster than if you were working out on your own (or even with friends). A good trainer will provide professional guidance in terms of eating habits, workout routines, and other aspects of living an active lifestyle.
7. The program meal plans
There is a lot of information out there about what to eat and when, but it can be difficult to determine what the right diet is for you.
If you are going to commit yourself to a fitness programme or weight loss program, then your meal plans must be tailored towards your goals.
You want to make sure that the program has good meal plans in place so that you don’t feel hungry or deprived during this time.
This is the most important thing for any fitness or weight loss programme. You need a diet plan that will work for your lifestyle and taste buds. It’s also important that you like it because if you don’t enjoy eating what’s on your diet plan, it won’t be easy for you to follow through with it regularly!
A program with a professional nutritionist and dietician like the ones at Qilo is also recommended.
8. The program exercise type
The type of exercise a program offers is another important consideration.
The exercise plan should be fun and effective! If it isn’t fun or doesn’t yield results, then chances are high that you’ll stop doing it altogether before long! So make sure your exercise plan is something enjoyable enough so that even if life gets busy or stressful at times (which we all know happens), then at least one aspect of your life will stay consistent
There are four main types: cardio, strength training, yoga, and stretching.
- Cardio exercises are those that raise your heart rate and make you breathe hard for a long period. They include running or swimming laps, dancing to fast music, or using an elliptical machine at the gym. These types of workouts can be fun but they may not be right for everyone – especially if you have joint pain or other health concerns. If this is the case then it’s best to speak with your doctor before starting any exercise plan so that they can recommend activities that suit your specific needs (for example walking).
- Strength training is an excellent way to build muscle mass while improving overall flexibility and balance by increasing bone density as well as helping you lose weight faster than doing cardio alone. In addition to being fun, it also has many mental benefits such as stress relief which makes getting up early easier than ever before!
- Yoga involves performing precise movements to stretch different parts of your body outwards from within their natural range – resulting in increased flexibility over time when done consistently each week/month etcetera…
9. Full access to your trainer
A personal trainer is your private instructor, available to you 24/7. If you want to work out, they’ll make it happen. If you need help getting started or need extra motivation to get through a tough workout, they’re there for you. And if the thought of working out solo makes your stomach churn, just imagine how much better it would be to have someone encouraging and helping you along every step of the way!
A personal trainer can also be flexible with their schedule so that they’re available when it’s convenient for you (and not necessarily convenient for them). This includes evenings and weekends—even holidays!
10. A programme that guarantees results
It’s a little bit like finding the right pair of jeans or a new car. It’s not enough to just find something that seems like it could work, you have to find something that fits your lifestyle, goals, and fitness level perfectly. There should be no question in your mind that this is the right choice for you.
Some companies promise rapid weight loss overnight; others promise slow and steady progress over time. You’ll want to make sure that whichever one you choose is realistic for your goals and lifestyle before signing up!
11. A support community
A support community is important for your weight loss and fitness journey as many people complain about inconsistency as their major pitfall.
Is there a community of peers and like-minded individuals who can encourage, and motivate you and if possible who you can also be accountable to? If so, great! If not, there are plenty of online resources where people can connect for support.
12. The cost
You don’t want something too expensive—you just need something affordable enough that you can stick with it long-term!
When trying to find the right weight loss or fitness program, whether you’re looking for a gym membership or personal training sessions at home, it is important to do your research. It is also important you understand yourself and what works for you.
There are many options out there. We highly recommend checking out our programs, which include full access to a personal trainer, medical professionals, and nutritionist as well as all of the above benefits.